Accepted project at Elettra Synchotrone!
Bionanoteam has been successfully collaborating with scientists from Synchrotron Trieste Elettra and FERMI light sources facility from year 2010.
In year 2012 we applied for a project on the TwinMic beam line. Our proposal titled Cellular internalization of SiO2 nanoparticles by a model organism has been accepted and is already scheduled for July 2012.
Objectives of this project are:
- to see in which cellular compartments internalised SiO2 nanoparticles are assimilated,
- to monitor cellular internalization of nanoparticles after different durations of exposure of model organism (Porcellio scaber, Isopoda, Crustacea).
Our research collaborations include:
- Dana Kuhnel, Helmholtz-Centre for Environmental Research - UfZ
- C.A.M van Gestel, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Hailei Zheng, Xiamen University
- Lisa Vaccari, Elettra Sincrotrone Trieste
- Matjaž Godec, Institute of Metals and Technology
- Rebeka Rudolf, Zlatarna Celje
- Vladimir Vrečko, Cinkarna Celje