Chapter 12: Biological Characterization of Nanomaterials
Jemec A, Mesarič T, Sopotnik M, Sepčić K, Drobne D [ pdf ] [ site ] Nanomaterial Characterization: An Introduction, 2016
- Introduces basic knowledge for nanomaterial characterization focusing on key properties and the different analytical techniques available.
- Provides a quick reference to different analytical methods for a given property highlighting their pros and cons.
- Presents numerous case studies, ranging from characterizing nanomaterials in coffee creamer suspension to measurement of airborne dust exposure levels.
- Provides an introduction to other topics that are strongly related to nanomaterial characterization e.g. synthesis, reference material and metrology.
- Includes state of the art techniques: scanning tunneling microscopy under extreme conditions, novel strategy for biological characterization and methods to visualize multidimensional characterization data.