Jernej was a postdoc at Bionanoteam (2011-2012). This page remains as a research CV.
I develop image processing and data analysis solutions for life sciences. From research to application, from microscopy to synchrotron data, from pixels to plots.
Majority of my scientific work has been aimed towards developing a method for assessing whether nanoparticles interact with lipid membranes. Various steps of this biosensor-based method that is still being developed at Bionanoteam have been published in a number of papers, but for a quick grasp, one can skim over my PhD thesis. The thesis also contains an introduction into large-scale/virtual/computational microscopy.
My research interests are also in:
- bioimage informatics,
- large scale microscopy,
- soft computing,
- data analysis,
- computer vision.
I hold a PhD in Computer Science (2011) from the Faculty of Computer and Information Science, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Awards, honors, and grants:
- (2012) Most important Slovenian scientific contribution in the domain: Technology driven physics for year 2011, ARRS – Slovenian Research Agency
- (2011) Dean’s Award, Faculty of Computer and Information Science, University of Ljubljana
- (2010) WFS – World Federation of Scientists Scholarship [ ceremony ]
- (2010) SLO – USA Bilateral research project. Two year grant for research visits [ BI-US/11-12/017 ]
- (2010) UNESCO grant for participation in Euroscience Open Forum in Torino, Italy
- (2009) Fulbright Scholarship, Boston, USA (2009/2010)
- (2007) Best Student Paper award, International conference DSI 2007 [ site ]
- (2014) H2020 – EU EASME instrument: expert project evaluator.
- (2014) COST Network Sci-Generation: Management Committee Member
- (2011) Talk at Harvard University, Prof. Pfister, Cambridge, USA.
- (2010) Research at Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics, Prof. Schoelkopf, Tuebingen, Germany.
- (2010) Conference IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- (2009) Research at Northeastern University, CSL, Prof. Erdogmus, Boston, USA.
- (2009) Conference IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference, Minneapolis, USA.