The Bionanoteam strives to holistically assess specific interactions of biological systems with nanoparticles on different levels of biological organization. Our main topics of research are:
- Biological sample preparation for: conventional histology, SEM and FIB/SEM, fluorescent microscopy, X-ray spectroscopy, IR spectroscopy.
- Proteomics of unicellular organisms and invertebrate tissue.
- Microwave acid digestion of organic material.
- Flame atomic absorption spectroscopy.
- Analytical chemistry of metals: voltammetry and ion-selective electrodes.
- Dynamic light scattering.
- Metal assimilation by invertebrates (terrestrial isopods and daphnids).
- Single species toxicity testing by invertebrates (terrestrial isopods, daphnids, brine shrimps, honeybees, sea urchins and protozoa).
- Conducting experiments with artificial lipid membranes (vesicles) using light phase contrast microscopy, X-ray scattering techniques etc.
- Conducting experiments with enzymes using spectroscopy techniques.
- Image processing and analysis.
- Biomedical data analysis and machine learning.
- Programming (Matlab, Java, PHP, Excel VB, R with chemCal and hyperSpec).