My main research activity is the study of the effects of advenced micro- and nanoplastics on aquatic and terrestrial organisms. My research focuses on various classical toxicological, molecular and omic methods.
I graduated in Ecology and Biodiversity (December 2019) from Biotehnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. The title of the thesis is: Effect of plastic textile microfibers on the toxicity of insecticide chlorpyrifos for terrestrial isopods.
In October 2021, I started the interdisciplinary doctoral study Bioscience, research area Toxicology.
During my work I gained experience in:
- Experiment preparation for studying potential effects of microplastics and other pollutants on the terrestrial and aquatic organisms (Porcellio scaber, Daphnia magna)
- Experiment settings for toxicity studies on zebrafish embryos (Danio rerio)
- Sample preparation for microscopy and spectroscopy (conventional histology, SEM)
- Biochemical biomarker measurements (AChE, GST)
- Cell cultivation
- Cytotoxicity testing
- Proteomic approaches (SDS-PAGE, 2D-PAGE)